Diaphonique can support many types of classical contemporary music projects implying a franco-british collaboration. Read our criteria to see if your project is eligible.
What type of project ?
Diaphonique can support: commissions, residencies (composers or musicians), concerts, tours, educational projects (master classes, scholarships…)
Diaphonique does not support: core costs and CD recordings
NB : The project must take place after the committee meeting. Diaphonique cannot support on-going projects.
What do we call contemporary music ?
Music composed within the last 30 years or in the process of being composed
Repertoire matching one of the following categories:
- instrumental, vocal, mixed or electro-acoustic contemporary classical music
- new forms of improvised and electronic music
- computer-assisted composition and research with multi-media tools.
See all the composers and works played in the framework of Diaphonique funded projects
What kind of collaborations does Diaphonique support ?
Diaphonique aims to foster cultural exchanges between France and the UK in the field of classical contemporary music. Your project must show strong partnerships and create links between the two countries by:
- Encouraging an artistic collaboration between artists and/or composers across the two sides of the Channel.
- Involving new or existing works composed by British or French composers. Priority is given to music programmes including a commission to a French composer and a commission to a British composer.
- Performing the project in France or in the UK. Projects taking place in both countries will be favored.
Click here for examples of projects supported by Diaphonique
Who can apply
Diaphonique does not fund individual projects. Artists and composers cannot apply directly.Only the following French-based or UK-based legal organisations can submit a project:
- Ensembles, companies or collectives
- Venues or festivals
- Educational bodies
- Research studios and centres
Priority will be given to not for profit organisations.